The Form Repeat control is a Container control used to add multiple controls. It is similar to Form MultiRow control with the only difference being the output. It can be directly given to JSON column in the sheet in a single Row instead of iterating as we do for the MultiRow control.
- Label: Label is the text that is displayed above the container box and helps the user to understand what the control represents in the micropp.
- Properties: These properties help you customize the Label by changing the text size, weight ( Light, Normal, Bold, Extra Bold, X Extra Bold), alignment (Left, Center, Right, Justified) and color of the label.
- Type: The Type field is automatically generated depending upon the type of control used. In this case, it is a “dhq_form_json” type.
- Unique Name: A Unique Name is used to uniquely identify a control in your App. Every control that is added on the screen gets an auto-generated Unique Name based on the Label name given to the control.
- Submit Data: This field lets you determine whether to send the value of the control or not in the Workflow based on various control states. There are three conditions that could be set for this field.
- Always: If this condition is selected, the data in the Form Repeat will be submitted irrespective of the state of the Form Repeat Control.
- Never: When this condition is selected, the data in the Form Repeat Control will never be submitted irrespective of the state of the Form Repeat Control.
- No When Hidden: When this condition is selected, the data in the Form Repeat Control will be submitted if the Form Repeat Control is visible and not submitted when the Form Repeat Control is hidden.
- Required: When you select the required option, the field becomes a mandatory field and the user can not submit the form without updating the field.
- Read Only: When you select this option, the user will no longer be able to edit this field.
- Hidden: The hidden option helps you to hide the control from the user. This might help to perform some computation you don’t want the user to see or if you want to show certain fields only when a specific condition is met/not met.
- Caching: When the caching option is selected and if a LOOKUP formula is applied to this control, the value that the LOOKUP returns will be cached and the user will be able to see this value in the field even when the user accesses the microapp later with no connectivity. This option is required when you want your app to be accessible in offline mode as well and when getting the latest data from the sheets always is not critical.
- Hide Label: This option hides the label of the field from the view.
- Show Delete Button: This allows you to show a delete button for the additional form groups that you create.
- Show Border: This allows you to select a border that appears around the form groups.
- Delete Confirmation: This prompts the user with a confirmation message when the user tries to delete a form group.
- Theme: This lets you choose the color of the Form Repeat box. You can either enter a custom hex code value or use one from the available themes in the builder.
- Add More Text: This lets you set the text that you want to show on the button that adds more form groups.
- Background color: This lets you set the color of the background of the Form Repeat. Similar to the Theme you can either enter a custom hex code value or use one from the available themes in the builder.
- Section Box Configuration: This option lets you set the number of columns for form groups for different screen sizes.
There are a few more properties that you can use to configure the child sections or form groups. These options are as follows:
- Child As Column Configuration: This lets you set the number of columns for controls inside each form group for different screen sizes. You can select a value for 1 to 5 and that will configure the number of columns.
- Padding: It is the space between the container and the controls inside it. You can set the padding for each direction in your Panel.
The following are the properties to configure the Add More option.
- Show Add More: If this option is selected the user is able to see the button and use it to add more form groups.
- List View: This option reduces the margins between the child controls in the container.
- Max Repetition: This option lets you set the maximum number of Sections that can be added using the Add More button. Once that total number of sections are added, the Add more button will disappear. The default is set to 0 (zero).
How to Use Form Repeat Control?
Start with selecting the Form Repeat Control from the Container section of the Controls Menu.
The Form Repeat Control will then appear on the screen in the builder, you can then set all the above properties as per your requirements.
You can use the F option to bind data to the Form Repeat control and the V option to add validations to the field. You can learn more about validations here. There are four ways in which you can bind data to the text field.
- Static Data: This allows you to directly type in the data that you want to display.
- Sheet: This allows you to get data from a sheet and display it in the fields.
- Control: This allows you to bind data to the fields by using another control’s value present in the microapp.
- Formula: This can be used to apply formulas and store the output of those formulas in the fields. You can learn more about formulas here.