A Detail View control is used to fetch the data from a sheet and display it in a detailed manner. It displays all the selected fields for each of the entries in the sheet.
- Label: Label is the text that is displayed above the control and helps the user to understand the purpose of the Detail View Control.
- Properties: These properties help you customize the Label by changing the text size, weight( Light, Normal, Bold, Extra Bold, X Extra Bold), alignment (Left, Center, Right, Justified) and color of the label.
- Type: The Type field is automatically generated depending upon the type of control used. In this case, it is a “tray” type.
- Unique Name: A Unique Name is used to uniquely identify a control in your App. Every control that is added on the screen gets an auto-generated Unique Name based on the Label name given to the control.
- Hidden: The hidden option helps you to hide the field from the user. This might help to perform some actions that you do not want the user to see. You can also use it to display certain fields only when a specific condition is met/not met.
- Caching: When the caching option is selected and if a LOOKUP formula is applied to this control, the state that the LOOKUP returns will be cached and the user will be able to see this state of the field even when the user accesses the microapp later with no connectivity. This option is required when you want your app to be accessible in offline mode as well and getting the latest data from the sheets always is not critical.
- Hide Label: This option hides the label of the control from the view.
How to Use a Detail View Control?
Start with selecting the Detail View Control form the Advance Display section of the Controls Menu.
The Detail View Control will then appear on the screen in the builder, you can then set all the above properties as per your requirements.
You can use the F option to bind data to Detail View Control and the V option to add validations to the field. You can learn more about validations here. There are four ways in which you can bind data to the Detail View field.
- Sheet: This allows you to get value from a sheet and display it in the control.
- Formula: This is used to apply formulas and use the output of those formulas to set the control. You can learn more about formulas here.