The Image control is used to display images in a microapp. It is a Media control and is used only to display or view and is not related to any submission activities.
- Label: Label is the text that is displayed above the control and helps the user to understand the purpose of the Image Control.
- Properties: These properties help you customize the Label by changing the text size, weight( Light, Normal, Bold, Extra Bold, X Extra Bold), alignment (Left, Center, Right, Justified) and color of the label.
- Type: The Type field is automatically generated depending upon the type of control used. In this case, it is an “Image_Box” type.
- Unique Name: A Unique Name is used to uniquely identify a control in your App. Every control that is added on the screen gets an auto-generated Unique Name on the basis of the Label name given to the control.
- Hidden: The hidden option helps you to hide the field from the user. This might help to perform some computation you don’t want the user to see or if you want to show certain fields only when a specific condition is met/not met.
- Caching: When the caching option is selected and if a LOOKUP formula is applied to this control, the state that the LOOKUP returns will be cached and the user will be able to see this state of the field even when he accesses the microapp later with no connectivity. This option is required when you want your app to be accessible in offline mode as well and getting the latest data from the sheets always is not critical.
- Hide Label: This option hides the label of the control from the view.
- Action: This lets you define the action to be performed when the image is selected. You can select a suitable action from the dropdown.
- Fill Type: This is used to define how the image occurs on the screen. There are various fill types available that you can select from the dropdown list.
- Full Width: When this option is selected, the image is displayed in its full width.
- Alignment: This allows you to choose the alignment of the Image as left, right, or center alignment.
- Container Height: This allows you to set the Image container height. When you do not enter any value the height will be automatically set according to the image.
- Container width: This option lets you set the width of Image container.
- Image width: This option is used to set the width of the image in the container.
How to Use Image Control?
Start with selecting the Image Control from the Media section of the Controls Menu.
The Image Control will then appear on the screen in the builder, you can then set all the above properties as per your requirements.
You can use the F option to bind data to Image Control and the V option to add validations to the field. You can learn more about validations here. There are four ways in which you can bind data to the text field.
- Static Data: This is used to directly type in the value that you want to set.
- Sheet: This allows you to get value from a sheet and display it in the control.
- Control: This allows you to bind data to the control by using another control’s value present in the microapp.
- Formula: This can be used to apply formulas and use the output of those formulas to set the control. You can learn more about formulas here.