Image Slider is a Media Control that is used to show a group of images in a slider view in which one picture is shown at a time and the pictures keep sliding at a specific interval of time.
- Label: Label is the text that is displayed above the control and helps the user to understand the purpose of the Image Slider Control.
- Properties: These properties help you customize the Label by changing the text size, weight( Light, Normal, Bold, Extra Bold, X Extra Bold), alignment (Left, Center, Right, Justified) and color of the label.
- Type: The Type field is automatically generated depending upon the type of control used. In this case, it is an “image_slider” type.
- Unique Name: A Unique Name is used to uniquely identify a control in your App. Every control that is added on the screen gets an auto-generated Unique Name on the basis of the Label name given to the control.
- Hidden: It helps the maker to hide the field from the user. This might help to perform those actions that you do not want the user to see. It can also be used to show certain fields only when a specific condition is met/not met.
- Caching: When the caching option is selected and if a LOOKUP formula is applied to this control, the state that the LOOKUP returns will be cached and the user will be able to see this state of the field even when he accesses the microapp later with no connectivity. This option is required when you want your app to be accessible in offline mode as well and getting the latest data from the sheets always is not critical.
- Hide Label: This option hides the label of the control from the view.
- Height: This field is used to set the height of the Image Slider.
- Images on Web: This option is used to input the number of images that will be present in the Image Slider.
- Autoplay: This allows the Images to slide automatically.
- Show Arrows: This allows the user to show Arrows that they can be used to slide through the Image Slider.
How to Use an Image Slider Control?
Start with selecting the Image Slider Control from the Media section of the Controls Menu.
The Image Slider Control will then appear on the screen in the builder, you can then set all the above properties as per your requirements.
You can use the F option to bind data to Image Slider Control and the V option to add validations to the field. You can learn more about validations here. There are four ways in which you can bind data to the text field.
- Static Data: This allows you to directly type in the value that you want to set.
- Sheet: This allows you to get value from a sheet and display it in the control.
- Control: This allows you to bind data to the control by using another control’s value present in the microapp.
- Formula: The Formula options can be used to apply formulas and use the output of those formulas to set the control. You can learn more about formulas here.