The Menu List control is a Navigation control that has a menu in the form of a list and each menu item can be used to navigate to different screens or parts or the microapp.
- Label: Label is the text that is displayed above the control and helps the user to understand the purpose of the Menu List Menu Control.
- Properties: These properties help you customize the Label by changing the text size, weight ( Light, Normal, Bold, Extra Bold, X Extra Bold), alignment (Left, Center, Right, Justified) and color of the label.
- Type: The Type field is automatically generated depending upon the type of control used. In this case, it is a “menu_list” type.
- Unique Name: A Unique Name is used to uniquely identify a control in your App. Every control that is added on the screen gets an auto-generated Unique Name on the basis of the Label name given to the control.
- Hidden: The hidden option helps you to hide the field from the user. This might help to perform some action or computation that would not be visible to the user. You can use it to show certain fields only when a specific condition is met/not met.
- Caching: When the caching option is selected and if a LOOKUP formula is applied to this control, the state that the LOOKUP returns will be cached and the user will be able to see this state of the field even when user accesses the microapp later with no connectivity. This option is required when you want your app to be accessible in offline mode as well and getting the latest data from the sheets always is not critical.
- Hide Label: This option hides the label of the control from the view.
- Text: This lets you customize the menu text by changing the font size, weight, and color.
- Nav Icon: This lets you set the size and color of the navigation icon being displayed in the Menu List.
- Border Color: This lets you select the border color for each item in the Menu list.
- Card View: If this option is selected each of the menu items is represented in individual cards.
- Card Background: This option lets you select the background color of the Cards.
For each of the menu items, there are a few properties that can be used to navigate to different screens. These properties are as follows:
- Item Label: This is used to give a name to the menu item.
- Action: This can be used to define whether some validation check is needed before navigation or not.
- Navigate To: This lets you select the screen to which you want to navigate to when the item is selected.
- Transition: This is used to define the direction from which the new screen will transition into the User view.
- Menu Image: This option lets you set an image to the menu by entering the URL of the image that is to be displayed.
- Nav Icon: This lets you choose the icon that you want to show for the navigation button for each item in the Menu list.
- Reset Target Screen: This is selected when the screen to which we are navigating needs to be reset and all the data from the screen to be reset to default.
How to Use a Menu List Control?
Start with selecting the Menu List Control from the Navigation section of the Controls Menu.
The Menu List Control will then appear on the screen in the builder, you can then set all the above properties as per your requirements.
You can use the F option to bind data to Menu List Control and the V option to add validations to the field. You can learn more about validations here. There are four ways in which you can bind data to the text field.
- Static Data: This allows you to directly type in the value that you want to set.
- Sheet: This allows you to get value from a sheet and display it in the control.
- Control: This allows you to bind data to the control by using another control’s value present in the microapp.
- Formula: This can be used to apply formulas and use the output of those formulas to set the control. You can learn more about formulas here.