Dual text control is a Display control that lets you display two texts; one with right alignment and another with left alignment, side by side. It is used when users need to compare two entities or use one entity to support with additional information.
Properties of Dual Text Control
- Label: Label is the text that is displayed above the control and helps the user to understand what the control represents.
- Properties: These properties help you customize the Label by changing the text size, weight( Light, Normal, Bold, Extra Bold, X Extra Bold),alignment (Left, Center, Right, Justified) and color of the label.
- Type: The type field is automatically generated depending upon the type of control used. In this case it is a “dual_text” type.
- Unique Name: A Unique Name is used to uniquely identify a control in your App. Every control that is added on the screen gets an auto generated Unique Name on the basis of the Label name given to the control.Since this control has two fields it has two unique names for each of these fields.
- Hidden: The hidden option helps you to hide the field from the user. This might help to perform some computation you don’t want the user to see or if you want to show certain fields only when a specific condition is met/not met.
- Caching: When the caching option is selected and if a LOOKUP formula is applied to this control, the value that the LOOKUP returns will be cached and the user will be able to see this value in the fields even when he accesses the microapp later with no connectivity. This option is required when you want your app to be accessible in offline mode as well and getting the latest data from the sheets always is not critical.
- Hide Label: This option hides the label of the field from the view.
- Left: This field can be used to write the text that is to be displayed in the left field of the control.
- Properties: This option lets you customize the left text by changing the text size, weight( Light, Normal, Bold, Extra Bold, X Extra Bold) and color of the text.
- Right: This field can be used to write the text that is to be displayed in the right field of the control.
- Properties: This option lets you customize the right text by changing the text size, weight( Light, Normal, Bold, Extra Bold, X Extra Bold) and color of the text.
How to Use a Dual Text Control?
First you need to select the Dual Text Control form the Display section of the Controls Menu.
The Dual Text Control will then appear on the screen in the builder, you can then set all the above mentioned properties as per your requirements.
You can use the F option to bind data to each of the fields of the Dual Text Control and the V option to add validations to the field. You can learn more about validations here. There are four ways in which you can bind data to the text field.
- Static Data: By using the Static option, you can directly type in the value that you want to set.
- Sheet: The Sheets option allows you to get value from a sheet and display it in the control.
- Control: Control options allows you to bind data to the control by using another control’s value present in the microapp.
- Formula: The Formula options can be used to apply formulas and use the output of those formulas to set the control. You can learn more about formulas here.