The Label control is used to display a Title and a subtitle with an actionable icon and can be used for performing quick actions. For example, a Label control to call the customer service can be used to make a call with just one click.
- Label: Label is the text that is displayed above the control and helps the user to understand the purpose of the Label Control.
- Properties: These properties help you customize the Label by changing the text size, weight ( Light, Normal, Bold, Extra Bold, X Extra Bold), alignment (Left, Center, Right, Justified) and color of the label.
- Type: The Type field is automatically generated depending upon the type of control used. In this case, it is a “dhq_smart_label” type.
- Unique Name: A Unique Name is used to uniquely identify a control in your App. Every control that is added on the screen gets an auto-generated Unique Name on the basis of the Label name given to the control. Since this control is a composite of 3 fields, it has unique names for each of them.
- Hidden: The hidden option helps you to hide the field from the user. This might help to perform some computation you don’t want the user to see or if you want to show certain fields only when a specific condition is met/not met.
- Caching: When the caching option is selected and if a LOOKUP formula is applied to this control, the state that the LOOKUP returns will be cached and the user will be able to see this state of the field even when the user accesses the microapp later with no connectivity. This option is required when you want your app to be accessible in offline mode as well and getting the latest data from the sheets always is not critical.
- Hide Label: This option hides the label of the control from the view.
- Title: This accepts the text that is to be displayed in the title field.
- Title properties: This lets you customize the Title text by changing the text size, weight ( Light, Normal, Bold, Extra Bold, X Extra Bold), alignment (Left, Center, Right, Justified), and color.
- Subtitle: This accepts the text that is to be shown in the subtitle field.
- Subtitle properties: This option lets you customize the Subtitleitle text by changing the text size, weight( Light, Normal, Bold, Extra Bold, X Extra Bold), alignment (Left, Center, Right, Justified) and color.
- Theme: The theme is used to set the color of the control.
- Action Value: This lets you put the value for the action that you want to perform. For example, if the action value is a phone call, you can put the telephone/mobile number and if the action is email, you can put the email here.
- Action: This option lets you select the action that you want to perform using this control. The icon in the label will be automatically updated based on the action that is selected.
How to Use a Label Control?
Start with selecting the Label Control from the Display section of the Controls Menu.
The Label Control will then appear on the screen in the builder, you can then set all the above-mentioned properties as per your requirements.
You can use the F option to bind data to each of the fields Label Control and the V option to add validations to the field. You can learn more about validations here. There are four ways in which you can bind data to the text field.
- Static Data: This can be used to directly type in the value that you want to set.
- Sheet: This allows you to get value from a sheet and display it in the control.
- Control: This allows you to bind data to the control by using another control’s value present in the microapp.
- Formula: This can be used to apply formulas and use the output of those formulas to set the control. You can learn more about formulas here.