The Spacer control is a Display control used to give a visual space between two parts or sections in a microapp.
- Label: A label is the text that is displayed above the control and helps the user to understand the purpose of the Spacer Control.
- Properties: These properties help you customize the Label by changing the text size, weight( Light, Normal, Bold, Extra Bold, X Extra Bold),alignment (Left, Center, Right, Justified) and color of the label.
- Type: The type field is automatically generated depending upon the type of control used. In this case it is a “spacer” type.
- Unique Name: A Unique Name is used to uniquely identify a control in your App. Every control that is added on the screen gets an auto generated Unique Name on the basis of the Label name given to the control.
- Hidden: The hidden option helps you to hide the field from the user. This might help to perform some computation you don’t want the user to see or if you want to show certain fields only when a specific condition is met/not met.
- Caching: When the caching option is selected and if a LOOKUP formula is applied to this control, the state that the LOOKUP returns will be cached and the user will be able to see this state of the field even when he accesses the microapp later with no connectivity. This option is required when you want your app to be accessible in offline mode as well and getting the latest data from the sheets always is not critical.
- Hide Label: This option hides the label of the control from the view.
- Height: This option lets you set the height of the Spacer in terms of pixel or other units
How to Use a Spacer Control?
First you need to select the Spacer Control from the Display section of the Controls Menu.
The Spacer Control will then appear on the screen in the builder, you can then set all the above mentioned properties as per your requirements.