The JSON store control is similar to the Data Store but instead of normal data it is used to store an array of JSON objects.
- Label: A label is the text that is displayed above the control and helps the user to understand the purpose of the JSON Store.
- Properties: These properties help you customize the Label by changing the text size, weight ( Light, Normal, Bold, Extra Bold, X Extra Bold), alignment (Left, Center, Right, Justified) and color of the label.
- Type: The Type field is automatically generated depending upon the type of control used. In this case it is a “dummyJson” type.
- Unique Name: A Unique Name is used to uniquely identify a control in your App. Every control that is added on the screen gets an auto generated Unique Name on the basis of the Label name given to the control.
- Hidden: The hidden option helps you to hide the field from the user. This might help to perform some computation you don’t want the user to see or if you want to show certain fields only when a specific condition is met/not met.
- Caching: When the caching option is selected and if a LOOKUP formula is applied to this control, the value that the LOOKUP returns will be cached and the user will be able to see this value in the field even when user accesses the microapp later with no connectivity. This option is required when you want your app to be accessible in offline mode as well and getting the latest data from the sheets always is not critical.
- Hide Label: This option hides the label of the field from the view.
- Value: This option lets you define the value that you want to be stored in the JSON Store. This Value can be of any JSON array format.
- Default Selected Item index: If you give more than one data array, then using this property you can determine which data row is selected by the given index. Set this to 0 if you want all the value to be available as selected value.
- Multirow: When this option is selected you can have more than one row that can be selected. You can ignore this property is deprecated and will be removed in future.
How to Use a JSON Store?
Start with selecting JSON Store from the Advance section of the Controls Menu.
The JSON Store will then appear on the screen in the builder, you can then set all the above properties as per your requirements.
You can use the F option to bind data to the JSON Store and the V option to add validations to the field. You can learn more about validations here. There are four ways in which you can bind data to the text field.
- Sheet: The Sheets option allows you to get value from a sheet and store it in the control.
- Formula: The Formula options can be used to apply formulas and store the output of those formulas in the control. You can learn more about formulas here.