The Keyword Box control is used to display a set of keywords to the user in a box to which they can either add new keywords or remove the existing. These values in the keyword box can then be used by other controls for various purposes.
- Label: Label is the text that is displayed above the control and helps the user to understand the purpose of the Keyword Box.
- Properties: These properties help you customize the Label by changing the text size, weight ( Light, Normal, Bold, Extra Bold, X Extra Bold), alignment (Left, Center, Right, Justified) and color of the label.
- Type: The Type field is automatically generated depending upon the type of control used. In this case, it is a “keyword” type.
- Unique Name: A Unique Name is used to uniquely identify a control in your App. Every control that is added on the screen gets an auto-generated Unique Name on the basis of the Label name given to the control.
- Submit Data: This field lets you determine whether to send the value of the control or not in Workflow based on various control states. There are three conditions that could be set for this field.
- Always: When this condition is selected, the data in the Keyword Box Control will be submitted irrespective of the state of the Keyword Box Control.
- Never: When this condition is selected, the data in the Keyword Box Control will never be submitted irrespective of the state of the Keyword Box Control.
- No When Hidden: When this condition is selected, the data in the Keyword Box Control will be submitted if the Keyword Box Control is visible and not submitted when the Keyword Box Control is hidden.
- Required: When you select the required option, the control becomes a mandatory field and the user can not submit without filling it.
- Read Only: When you select this option, the user will no longer be able to edit this field.
- Hidden: The hidden option helps you to hide the field from the user. This might help to perform some computation you don’t want the user to see or if you want to show certain fields only when a specific condition is met/not met.
- Caching: When the caching option is selected and if a LOOKUP formula is applied to this control, the value that the LOOKUP returns will be cached and the user will be able to see this value in the field even when the user accesses the microapp later with no connectivity. This option is required when you want your app to be accessible in offline mode as well and getting the latest data from the sheets always is not critical.
- Hide Label: This option hides the label of the field from the view.
- Theme: This allows you to choose the color of the control. You can either enter a custom hex code value or use one from the available themes in the builder.
- Keyword background: This option lets you choose the color of the control. You can either enter a custom hex code value or use one from the available themes in the builder.
How to Use a Keyword Box?
Start with selecting the Keyword Box from the Advance section of the Controls Menu.
The Keyword Box will then appear on the screen in the builder, you can then set all the above properties as per your requirements.
You can use the F option to bind data to each of the fields of the Keyword Box and the V option to add validations to the field. You can learn more about validations here. There are four ways in which you can bind data to the text field.
- Static Data: This allows you to directly type in the value that you want to set.
- Sheet: This allows you to get value from a sheet and display it in the control.
- Control: This allows you to bind data to the control by using another control’s value present in the microapp.
- Formula: This can be used to apply formulas and use the output of those formulas to set the control. You can learn more about formulas here.