The File Upload control is used to upload files like documents, pictures, audio files, videos, and so on. This control provides the features to limit the quantity and size of the files being uploaded.
- Label: Label is the text that is displayed above the text box and helps the user to understand what they are supposed to input in the text box.
- Properties: These properties help you customize the Label by changing the text size, weight ( Light, Normal, Bold, Extra Bold, X Extra Bold), alignment (Left, Center, Right, Justified) and color of the label.
- Type: The Type field is automatically generated depending upon the type of control used. In this case, it is an “image_upload” type.
- Unique Name: A Unique Name is used to uniquely identify a control in the App. Every control that is added on the screen gets an auto-generated Unique Name on the basis of the Label name given to the control.
- Submit Data: This field lets you determine whether to send the value of the control or not in the Workflow, based on various control states. There are three conditions that could be set for this field.
- Always: If this condition is selected, the data in the control will be submitted irrespective of the state of the Upload Control.
- Never: If this condition is selected, the data in the Upload Control will never be submitted irrespective of the state of the Upload Control.
- No When Hidden: If this condition is selected, the data in the Upload Control will be submitted if the Upload Control is visible and not submitted when the Upload Control is hidden.
- Required: If you select the required option, the field becomes a mandatory field and the user can not submit without filling it.
- Read Only: If you select this option, the user will no longer be able to edit this field.
- Hidden: The hidden option helps you to hide the field from the user. This might help to perform some computation you don’t want the user to see or if you want to show certain fields only when a specific condition is met/not met.
- Caching: If the caching option is selected and if a LOOKUP formula is applied to this control, the value that the LOOKUP returns will be cached and the user will be able to see this value in the Upload Control even when he accesses the microapp later with no connectivity. This option is required when you want your app to be accessible in offline mode as well and getting the latest data from the sheets always is not critical.
- Hide Label: This option hides the label of the Upload Control from the view.
- Theme: This property allows you to choose the color of the control. You can either enter a custom hex code value or use one from the available themes in the builder.
- Layout: This property lets you choose the layout of the Upload control. There are 3 layouts to choose from
- Text: This field lets you set the text that you want to display on the upload button.
- Action Button: These options let you customize the Upload button by changing the text size, weight( Light, Normal, Bold, Extra Bold, X Extra Bold), alignment (Left, Center, Right, Justified) and color.
- Close Button: This option can be used to set the color of the close button.
- Multiple Files: This allows the user to upload multiple files in the control.
- No. of Files: This option lets you select the maximum number of files that you can upload.
- File Type: This option lets you select the type of file that you can upload.
- Size: This option is used to limit the upload file size.
How to use Upload Control?
Start with selecting the Upload Control from the Native section of the Controls Menu.
The text box will then appear on the screen in the builder, you can then set all the above properties as per your requirements.
You can use the V option to add validations to the field. You can learn more about validations here.
Note: Binding Data to this control will not work.