The Signature control is used to capture signatures of the users. Anything that you write or draw on the Signature pad will be stored as an image in the Sheets. This might be useful in apps where you need the user to attest the data that they are entering.
- Label: Label is the text that is displayed above the Signature Control and helps the user to understand what they are supposed to do with the Signature Control.
- Properties: These properties help you customize the Label by changing the text size, weight( Light, Normal, Bold, Extra Bold, X Extra Bold), alignment (Left, Center, Right, Justified) and color of the label.
- Type: The Type field is automatically generated depending upon the type of control used. In this case, it is a “signature_pad” type.
- Unique Name: A Unique Name is used to uniquely identify a control in your App. Every control that is added on the screen gets an auto-generated Unique Name on the basis of the Label name given to the control.
- Submit Data: This field lets you determine whether to send the value of the control or not in Workflow based on various control states. There are three conditions that could be set for this field.
- Always: When this condition is selected, the data in the Signature Control will be submitted irrespective of the state of the Signature Control.
- Never: When this condition is selected, the data in the Signature Control will never be submitted irrespective of the state of the Signature Control.
- No When Hidden: When this condition is selected, the data in the Signature Control will be submitted if the Signature Control is visible and not submitted when the Signature Control is hidden.
- Required: When you select the required option, the field becomes a mandatory field and the user can not submit without filling it.
- Read Only: When you select this option, the user will no longer be able to edit this field.
- Hidden: The hidden option helps you to hide the field from the user. This might help to perform some computation you don’t want the user to see or if you want to show certain fields only when a specific condition is met/not met.
- Caching: When the caching option is selected and if a LOOKUP formula is applied to this control, the value that the LOOKUP returns will be cached and the user will be able to see this value in the Signature Control even when the user accesses the microapp later with no connectivity. This option is required when you want your app to be accessible in offline mode as well and getting the latest data from the sheets always is not critical.
- Hide Label: This option hides the label of the Signature Control from the view.
- Theme: This lets you choose the color of the Container box. You can either enter a custom hex code value or use one from the available themes in the builder.
- Button Text: This is used to add text to the button which allows the user to add a signature.
- Font: This lets you customize the look of the Button Text by changing its Size, Weight (Light, Medium, Bold, Extra Bold, X Extra Bold), Alignment (Left, Center, Right, Justified) and Color.
How to Use a Signature Control?
Start with selecting the Signature Control from the Native section of the Controls Menu.
The Signature Control will then appear on the screen in the builder, you can then set all the above properties as per your requirements.
You can use the V option to add validations to the field. You can learn more about validations here.
Note: Binding Data to this control will not work.
Button to add signature
Signature pad to sign
Signature added to the microapp which will be stored as an image in the Sheets