The GPS control is used to get the current location of the user's device. You need to enable GPS Location to use this control on the app. This might be useful in apps like the Site Inspection app where the user's location can be noted to see if they are at site location when performing the inspection.
- Label: Label is the text that is displayed above the GPS Control and helps the user to understand what they are supposed to do with the GPS Control.
- Properties: These properties help you customize the Label by changing the text size, weight ( Light, Normal, Bold, Extra Bold, X Extra Bold), alignment (Left, Center, Right, Justified) and color of the label.
- Type: The Type field is automatically generated depending upon the type of control used. In this case, it is a “DHQ_location” type.
- Unique Name: A Unique Name is used to uniquely identify a control in your App. Every control that is added on the screen gets an auto-generated Unique Name on the basis of the Label name given to the control.
- Submit Data: This field lets you determine whether to send the value of the control or not in Workflow based on various control states. There are three conditions that could be set for this field.
- Always: When this condition is selected, the data in the GPS Control will be submitted irrespective of the state of the GPS Control.
- Never: When this condition is selected, the data in the GPS Control will never be submitted irrespective of the state of the GPS Control.
- No When Hidden: When this condition is selected, the data in the GPS Control will be submitted if the GPS Control is visible and not submitted when the GPS Control is hidden.
- Required: When you select the required option, the field becomes a mandatory field and the user can not submit without filling it.
- Read Only: When you select this option, the user will no longer be able to edit this field.
- Hidden: The hidden option helps you to hide the field from the user. This might help to perform some computation you don’t want the user to see or if you want to show certain fields only when a specific condition is met/not met.
- Caching: When the caching option is selected and if a LOOKUP formula is applied to this control, the value that the LOOKUP returns will be cached and the user will be able to see this value in the GPS Control even when user accesses the microapp later with no connectivity. This option is required when you want your app to be accessible in offline mode as well and getting the latest data from the sheets always is not critical.
- Hide Label: This option hides the label of the GPS Control from the view.
How to Use the GPS Control?
Start with selectin the GPS Control from the Native section of the Controls Menu.
The GPS Control will then appear on the screen in the builder, you can then set all the above properties as per your requirements.
You can use the V option to add validations to the field. You can learn more about validations here.
Note: Binding Data to this control will not work.