Time Picker control is used to accept time into a microapp by selecting the time from a clock widget. You can set the user device's time as a default time or can keep the time picker empty when the time control is displayed to the user. For example, it can be used for various purposes like setting meeting time or making reservations.
- Label: Label is the text that is displayed above the Time Picker and helps the user to understand what they are supposed to do with the Time Picker.
- Properties: These properties help you customize the Label by changing the text size, weight( Light, Normal, Bold, Extra Bold, X Extra Bold), alignment (Left, Center, Right, Justified) and color of the label.
- Type: The Type field is automatically generated depending upon the type of control used. In this case, it is a “timepicker” type.
- Unique Name: A Unique Name is used to uniquely identify a control in your App. Every control that is added on the screen gets an auto-generated Unique Name based on Label name given to the control.
- Submit Data: This field lets you determine whether to send the value of the control or not in the Workflow, based on various control states. There are three conditions that could be set for this field.
- Always: If this condition is selected, the data in the Time Picker will be submitted irrespective of the state of the Time Picker.
- Never: If this condition is selected, the data in the Time Picker will never be submitted irrespective of the state of the Time Picker.
- No When Hidden: If this condition is selected, the data in the Time Picker will be submitted if the Time Picker is visible and not submitted when the Time Picker is hidden.
- Required: When you select the required option, the field becomes a mandatory field and the user can not submit the form without adding the field value.
- Read Only: When you select this option, the user will no longer be able to edit this field.
- Hidden: The hidden option helps you to hide the field from the user. This might help to perform those actions or computation that you do not want the user to see. It can be used to display certain fields only when a specific condition is met/not met.
- Caching: When the caching option is selected and if a LOOKUP formula is applied to this control, the value that the LOOKUP returns will be cached and the user will be able to see this value in the Time Picker even when the user accesses the microapp later with no connectivity. This option is required when you want your app to be accessible in offline mode as well and when getting the latest data from the sheets always is not critical.
- Hide Label: This option hides the label of the Time Picker from the view.
- Time format: This option lets you choose the format you want the time to be selected in. There are 2 formats available:
- 12 hours format
- 24 hours format
- Theme: This allows you to choose the color of the Container box. You can either enter a custom hex code value or use one from the available themes in the builder.
- Timepicker Theme: This lets you set the color of the Timepicker widget.
- Placeholder: It is a prompt that gives a hint or prompts the user as to what has to be done. It is displayed in the field and is overridden when the user selects a time.
- Show Arrows: When the show arrow option is selected the clock widget has arrows to set the time of the time.
How to Use a Time Picker?
Start with selecting the Time Picker from the Date & Time section of the Controls Menu.
The Time Picker will then appear on the screen in the builder, you can then set all the above properties as per your requirements.
You can use the F option to bind data to the Time Picker and the V option to add validations to the field. You can learn more about validations here. There are four ways in which you can bind data to the Time Picker.
- Static Data: This allows you to directly type in the text that you want to display.
- Sheet: This allows you to get data from a sheet and display it in the Time Picker.
- Control: This allows you to bind data to the Time Picker by using another control’s value present in the microapp.
- Formula: This can be used to apply formulas and store the output of those formulas in the Time Picker. You can learn more about formulas here.
Time Picker with the current time
Clock Widget without arrows