Date & Time Picker control is used to accept date and time into a microapp by selecting them from a calendar and clock widget respectively. You can set the user device's date and time as a default or can keep the picker empty when the date and time control is displayed to the user. Date & Time picker saves the Date & Time in Unix epoch time format. It can be used for various purposes like accepting appointments.
- Label: Label is the text that is displayed above the Date & Time Picker and helps the user to understand what they are supposed to do with the Date & Time Picker.
- Properties: These properties help you customize the Label by changing the text size, weight ( Light, Normal, Bold, Extra Bold, X Extra Bold), alignment (Left, Center, Right, Justified) and color of the label.
- Type: The Type field is automatically generated depending upon the type of control used. In this case, it is a “dateandtimepicker” type.
- Unique Name: A Unique Name is used to uniquely identify a control in your App. Every control that is added on the screen gets an auto-generated Unique Name based on the Label name given to the control.
- Submit Data: This field lets you determine whether to send the value of the control or not in the Workflow based on various control states. There are three conditions that could be set for this field.
- Always: If this condition is selected, the data in the Date & Time Picker will be submitted irrespective of the state of the Date & Time Picker.
- Never: If this condition is selected, the data in the Date & Time Picker will never be submitted irrespective of the state of the Date & Time Picker.
- No When Hidden: When this condition is selected, the data in the Date & Time Picker will be submitted if the Date & Time Picker is visible and not submitted when the Date & Time Picker is hidden.
- Required: When you select the required option, the field becomes a mandatory field and the user can not submit the form without filling the field.
- Read Only: When you select this option, the user will no longer be able to edit this field.
- Hidden: The hidden option helps you to hide the field from the user. This might help to perform any action or step but do not want the user to see, You may also use to display certain fields only when a specific condition is met/not met.
- Caching: When the caching option is selected and if a LOOKUP formula is applied to this control, the value that the LOOKUP returns will be cached and the user will be able to see this value in the Date & Time Picker even when the user accesses the microapp later with no connectivity. This option is required when you want your app to be accessible in offline mode and where displaying the latest data from the sheets is not critical.
- Hide Label: This option hides the label of the Date & Time Picker from the view.
- Left Text: This lets you customize the look of the Date panel by changing its Size, Weight (Light, Medium, Bold, Extra Bold, X Extra Bold), and Color.
- Right Text: This lets you customize the look of the Time panel by changing its Size, Weight (Light, Medium, Bold, Extra Bold, X Extra Bold), and Color.
- Theme: This lets you choose the color of the Container box. You can either enter a custom hex code value or use one from the available themes in the builder.
- Date Text: This lets you set the text that you want to show when the date is not selected.
- Time Text: This lets you set the text that you want to show when the time is not selected.
- Date format: This lets you choose the format you want the date to be selected in. There are 3 formats available:
- Friendly format - Month DD YYYY
- European format - DD/MM/YYYY
- US format - MM/DD/YYYY
- Time format: This option lets you choose the format you want the time to be selected in. There are 2 formats available:
- 12 hours format
- 24 hours format
- Display format: This lets you choose between the local time zone and UTC for displaying the Date & Time.
- Show Arrows: When the show arrow option is selected the clock widget has arrows to set the time of the time.
- Timepicker Theme: This lets you set the color of the Timepicker widget.
- Placeholder: It is a prompt that gives a hint to the user as to what has to be done. It is present in the field and is overridden when the user selects a time.
- Disable Days: This lets you disable days that you do not want to let the user select. You can use the options to disable all the future days or a few days of the week like weekends or a few upcoming days and also the past dates.
How to Use a Date & Time Picker?
Start with selecting the Date & Time Picker from the Date & Time section of the Controls Menu.
The Date & Time Picker will then appear on the screen in the builder, you can then set all the above properties as per your requirements.
You can use the F option to bind data to the Date & Time Picker and the V option to add validations to the field. You can learn more about validations here. There are four ways in which you can bind data to the Date & Time Picker.
- Static Data: This allows you to directly type in the text that you want to display.
- Sheet: This allows you to get data from a sheet and display it in the Date & Time Picker.
- Control: This allows you to bind data to the Date & Time Picker by using another control’s value present in the microapp.
- Formula: This can be used to apply formulas and store the output of those formulas in the Date & Time Picker. You can learn more about formulas here.