Prerequisite - You should have configured Zapier with DronaHQ Studio account. If not then refer Configuring Zapier
In this example, consider a use case, where you will be using Airtable bases for your daily needs but at the same time you want those details to be added in DronaHQ Sheets.
Basically we will have a Create a Zap with Airtable as a Trigger and DronaHQ as Action. Below are the steps that you can follow to achieve the same -
- Login into Zapier
- Click on Make a Zap option
- Under Choose App & Event option, search and select "Airtable" option
- Select Trigger as - "New Record"
5. Under Choose Account, Select/Add your Airtable Account which has the table which you want to sync.
6. Select the Base and Table which you want to Sync with DronaHQ Sheet as shown below.
7. You can either select "Test & Review" or "Test & Continue" or "Skip Test". Select "Test & Continue".
8. Airtable - New Record Trigger is configured successfully. Now, we need to connect this Google Sheet with DronaHQ Studio's Sheet. Select Dronahq app and Select "Create New Sheet Row" as an action as shown below and Click on Continue.
9. You can add existing DronaHQ Account or Add a DronaHQ Account using Api key which has the DronaHQ Sheet to be in sync. You can find Api Key under DronaHQ Studio Login -> Settings -> Integration -> Api Key. Click on Continue.
For more information you can refer Using DronaHQ in Zapier
10. Select Sheet Name and Configure all the Columns of that sheet that will be synced. Add your DronaHQ Studio Email Id. This is the email which will appear under Created By Column in Sheets when Row is created using this Zap.
Now, to connect the Airtable Bases Table's column to DHQ Studio Sheet, click on the + icon on the right side of Textbox and select corresponding option from dropdown as shown below.
Once, all columns are configured as shown below, Click on Continue.
11. You can either select "Test & Review" or "Test & Continue" or "Skip Test". Select "Test & Continue".
12. Click on Done Editing and Click on "TURN ZAP ON" Once the ZAP is ON, whenever a new Row is added in Above Airtable Base's Table, a corresponding new row will be created in DHQ Studio Sheet.
Important Points to Note -
- For Existing Data, you can either Copy all the Data using CTRL+C (Windows) / CMD+C (Mac) and Paste is into DronaHQ Sheet using CTRL+V (Windows) / CMD+V (Mac) OR you can donwload a CSV and in DronahQ Studio create a new Sheet and import this CSV.
- Zapier polls Airtable data every 15 minutes, so there will be a max delay of 15 minutes for new row changes to be reflected in DHQ Studio Sheet.
- In above example, we used DronaHQ New Sheet Row action. For other actions, like update/delete or other automated action, you can select Initiate a Workflow option based on your need.
- Likewise, instead of Airtable, you can use any other 3rd party service and connect it with DronaHQ Studio using Zapier.
- Existing Rows in Airtable's Table will not be triggered. Only new Rows added post creating this Zap will be triggered and available to DHQ Sheet.