A workflow can be created if you have a SUBMIT button on your screen. In other words, a workflow executes when a User submits a form by clicking the SUBMIT button. In this article we will learn how to create a workflow in an app.
To create a Workflow, you need to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Go to Studio > APPS and click on '+' icon to add a new app. When you open the app, you will see a screen with two options Create Empty Screen and Import from Existing Sheet. Select the option Create Empty Screen and provide the screen name and click on Save button.
- Once you click on Save button, an empty screen will be created with a Submit button already added at the bottom of the screen.
- When the submit button is added on the screen, the Workflow button placed on the top of the screen (as shown in the below diagram) will be enabled.
- Click on the Workflow button to create the workflow. When you click on the Workflow button for the first time, a Create Workflow wizard will open, as shown below.
- On this wizard, you need to enter the Workflow Name and its Description and click on Create Workflow button to create the workflow and go to Workflow screen. On the workflow screen you can then add either an Input Task, Approval Task, Update Task, Notification Task, Branch, API task depending upon your requirement.
- Whenever an Input Task or Approval Task or Notification Task in a workflow is executed, the corresponding task name, workflow name, workflow description and user's name (who initiated the workflow task) are displayed in Workflow Status App (a special app to track the workflow's activity). The preview of these messages can be seen the Workflow Notification Preview section.
- Workflow Notification Preview - This section of the wizard displays how the status of each tasks in a workflow will be displayed in the Workflow Status App. The Status App has three tabs, Assigned, Initiated and Messages.
- ASSIGNED: Whenever an Input Task or Approval Task is assigned to a user, the user will receive a notification about the task which will appear with the corresponding message (as shown in the box in the above image) under Assigned tab in his/her Workflow Status App.
- INITIATED: Whenever a user triggers an Input or Approval Task, the user will receive a message about the task which will appear with the corresponding message (as shown in the box in the above image) under Initiated tab in his/her Workflow Status App.
- MESSAGES: This tab will show the activities that occurred when the workflow executes.